Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Publishers - v - Agents

Did some research yesterday into the publishing world. Borrowed Iseult's writer and artist book and had a look through the publishers section. I really want to submit to HarperCollins - they publish the same sort of book I've written and I love their format and stuff, but they only accept submissions through agents (or so the big red book told me). I don't really want to approach another agent, but I'll have a look through the agents section and see if any grab my fancy.

MM finished reading my book last night and she loved it! We stayed up most of the night discussing what the second book could be about. I've dedicated the first one to her - she is my muse! She is also going to help me with my contract and all the legal jargon, when they start arriving. She knows lots about that stuff.

No comments: