Friday, November 10, 2006

Dublin Write-In

As you may have noticed, my word count for Mango, the Unlucky Monkey has not really risen all that much in the last week. I blame Iseult for hogging the lap top, despite booking user time on it. She says I have writers block (as if!) and should just get on with it! The cheek! She thinks I am worried I can't write another book as good as Leaf and that I am afraid to write Mango because everyone will laugh at me and point their fingers. I think this is a delusional fantasy of Iseult's. If anything, I am afraid that Mango will be SO GOOD the world isn't ready for it yet.

Anyway, agreed to go to Dublin with Iseult and Janna to do some writing. Iseult says she isn't bringing me home until I've reached the word count I should have by this time (whatever that is). She says I am letting the region down by not writing and making her look bad as ML (as if I cared about that!)

I've taken Miss Monkey with me for moral support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As if! Iseult must be worried about the competition of NOTY 2006! Trying to nobble you - first by hogging the laptop and secondly by trying to demotivate you!

How low!

Valpot said...

Mungo, Iseult would never do anything like that!
You wrong her - she is looking forward to Mango as much as the rest of us.

I'm sure your word count will double at least over this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, the remarkable message