Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NaNoWriMo Meeting

I went along to the NaNoWriMo meeting in the DKIT last night. I felt a little shy because there were no other monkeys there and I didn't know all the people, but they all loved me, of course, and thought my novel sounded wonderful and wanted to hear excerpts from it. Inkpot very cruelly said I was lying about my age (as if!) and some other person, can't remember her name (I think it was Despot, or Polpot, or something like that) made a horrible suggestion about my book, saying Rainbow should become Mayor and Leaf run off with Mango and have adventures. I thought it was very disrespectful. I am not going to do that, and I don't want anyone sueing me for not using or using their ideas. I am involved in enough litigations suits as it is.

However, the meeting helped me realise my word count is quite far behind. It was nice of me to let them get ahead this week, because I wouldn't want to discourage people, but it is time I started to do some real writing. I might get up to 20,000 words by the end of the day (I might not feel like it) you never know. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mungo - i am sorry that i missed the meeting - you might have let me sit beside you. :( ah well one day soon i hope

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everyone loves you, Mungo - how could they not?