Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This one is for you Pamela!

Wow! It has been a long time since I last blogged, hasn't it? Well, dear fans (and one dearest fan in particular) I apologise for my long absence. I know that being deprived of my pearls of wisdom must be hard on you all.

First of all, a catch up of what I have been doing over the last few months. Unlike Darren Shan (who I believe is a favourite of Iseult and Valerie), I have not been able to get my nation wide and international tour on track. Iseult was recently visiting in Blackpool and I tried to persuade her to take me along with some of my books to flog them to the Brits, but she didn't agree (weird). So, all plans for a tour with Mango are off. I will, however, have plans for touring later in the year with Rainbow and the Mountain of Life, publishing date 14th August. Watch this blog for further news on this. Also, if you want me to visit your school/bookshop/home, write to me with your idea for the event, how many people will be there and how many books you will want and I'll see if I am free.

The weather has been really nice here for the last few months and Miss Monkey and I have been enjoying it, but time has come for me to work again. I have to get back to writing if I am going to make my publishing date for Rainbow. I plan on starting it this week, so watch this space!

On news of Mango, the Unlucky Monkey, I have had reports coming in that a young boy and his mother are enjoying it greatly. Apparently the idea of a monkey without a tail has captured his imagination (I thought it was a good idea too!). If you have any stories about how much you love my books, let me know and I might report them here!

Anyway, I'm off now. Til next time, Mungo-bots!

Mungs xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mungo - great to hear from you at last - i want to pre order your new book. you are great xxx

Anonymous said...

Poor Mango,no tail -I think it's very sad!

Mungo said...

Hi Pamela. No probs, I'll put your order in now. If anyone else wants to pre-order, feel free.

Hi Anon. You should read Mango and find out why she hasn't got a tail. Copies are only 15 euro. And remember - always buy books in threes. One to read, one to keep for good, and one to support the author. :X