Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dilemmas

Writing is going well, I am pleased with my progress on Bookwyrms. I got another rejection in this week. Iseult went nuts, saying I have to edit the book down to 40,000 words or I won't get an agent. She was really passionate about it. Now, I believe in my work, and I don't think it needs to be changed, but she was so charged up about it, I hate to disappoint her. I don't know what to do. I've started reading Leaf again to see if there is any dead wood to be cut away (ha!ha! Of course there isn't!) Looking forward to starting Mango (the name of my second book, perhaps?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep faith in your book - If Richard Adams had become disheartened cos they all said his book was too long, we'd never have known Hazel and Fiver - well, maybe them but not ALL their other rabbit friends!