Saturday, July 01, 2006

Going nowhere fast

Well, I heard back from another agent last week, and it was another rejection. I am beginning to wonder if Iseult's submission package is up to scratch. Valerie and Iseult keep telling me I can't expect to get any interest so soon, and I respect their views, but I don't think my submission package is helping me get my brilliance across to the agents. Iseult usually goes ahead and sends it out again straight away, but she hasn't this time because she was tired (she had some silly acting thing on this week), so I am thinking of taking advantage in this lull and asking Mango to do up a new submission package for me. I know she would be dedicated, I am sure she would be talented and really - how bad could it be? It can't really be any worse than Iseult's attempt at it.

My screenplay is going nowhere at the moment as well. I have two acts finished, and I have to finish the remaining three before the next Nodpot meeting, which is sometime this month. It will be no bother to me, once I get writing again. I must look through my notes and try and get immersed once again...

the problem is, I'm just not feeling bothered at the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mungo, you're the greatest writer of them all! Don't be disheartened by the stupidity and blindness of agents - you're better than them all!

Anonymous said...

Mungo - maybe you should come and visit me for a little while. After you have cleaned and tidied my room for me every day for a week and washed and ironed by clothes and made my dinner, you will be delighted to go back to writing.