Thursday, July 13, 2006

The green eyed monster raises its ugly head

Iseult came into the bedroom late last night and came over to where I was sitting chatting to Marvie. She sat down on the bed and said "Mungo, I think we should talk." She then proceeded to tell me that she feels LEAF isn't commercial and I shouldn't bother writing a second book as it would be a waste of my time! I laughed at her silliness, naturally, but when I thought about it later I realised she is jealous. She must fear that my books will sell so much better than hers that she is trying to nobble me (and I don't mean she is throwing Nobbles at me). I suppose I should feel sorry for her, really, she is quite pathetic. She also told me she had sent the letter from my submission package to an editor to proof read and heard back that the letter was perfectly acceptable. I don't know if she was looking for me to pat her on the back and say "Well done, your submission package isn't rubbish after all." but why would I say that when it is?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mungo
I looked up a website on children's stories and read that editors are sick of cute little animals...but elsewhere I read (same website) that well written interesting stories where animals with animal characteristics were in. So don't worry - stick to your guns!

Anonymous said...

I have to say Mungo that Leaf a fantastic book - please write a second one. when i am rich i will publish all your books - you are my fab author (after Geri Valentine) please please dont give up. Your time will come !!!

Anonymous said...

Mungo your writing is so brill
i sure think that all the agents are sill
i am looking forward to the next tale
and i know you will get lots of fan mail
So come on Mungo please start your quill
and then everthing will be very brill.

Anonymous said...

I see poetry is IN!

Mango said...

Who is this "Doggie"? (Tottie wants to know!)